CHICKEN SALAD PITAS WITH CHEDDAR
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¾ C. grapes
- ¾ C. nuts (cashews, pecans, or walnuts)
- ½ t. Salt
- ¾ C. mayonnaise
- ¾ C. chopped or diced celery
- 3 green onions
- 1 T milk
- Bring a large pot of water to boil; add the chicken breasts and let boil for 25 minutes.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks (old school way) or give it a few pulses in a food processor (quick and easy).
- Combine all ingredients except for cashews and grapes in a large bowl.
- Fold in grapes and cashews just before serving.
Next Level Chicken Salad Sandwiches:
Stuff pita halves with chicken salad and a thick slice of cheddar and tomato. Broil until cheese is melted and chicken salad is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (2 C.)
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (2 C.)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 jarred roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 T pickled jalapenos
- ½ C mayo
- 1 tsp. Cayenne
½ tsp. Kosher salt
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic until finely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well blended.
- Scrape the pimento cheese into a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers.